• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deej

deej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hi, this is really bothering me, I would very much appreciate any help with this.

I keep suffering from intrusive emotions (involuntary thoughts/ feelings/ emotions which arise and which restrict me and which can't be stopped actively-like intrusive thoughts themselves, they happen whenever I don't want them to happen most-in my case, around the opposite sex).

Every time I am around girls especially, I can't be myself because I am constantly feeling intrusive emotions such as shyness, fear, etc. For example, I'll be dancing and then I'll get an intrusive emotion such as shyness and suddenly begin to feel uncontrollably shy, so that I won't be able to dance or even speak.

Like I said, I can't stop or resist these emotions (they're like intrusive thoughts)-they're almost definitely fake emotions, but once I feel an intrusive emotion I can't act normally anymore.

This may sound like a small, silly problem but it's harming my socializing-i can't relax and have fun, and most of all it bothers me that i cant be myself around girls, the ones in my uni have already made up their minds that i'm shy and socially awkward and are no longer interested in me.

#2 DumbGuy

DumbGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

You're going to have to dig inside your mind and find whatever events or emotions you compartmentalized because of some kind of minor or major trauma, and open that box up and confront those demons. You have to get to the root cause of this.

Some mindful meditation wouldn't hurt either, this would give you more control over your emotions because you are exercising your prefrontal cortex. Perhaps some EMDR therapy if you have money may help.

Try and think about what fear is. For some reason you have associated fear with something you are attracted to--females. Whenever you see females you get a certain energy, but it is getting converted into the wrong thing--fear. You have to go back and confront this event or events and and confront it. It may be slightly painful for you to think about but it will have to be done. Meditate as deeply as you can about these events over and over until eventually thinking about them doesn't cause such a strong emotional response. By this time these events won't be as novel to you. You also have to face your fears externally. Internal and external.

#3 DumbGuy

DumbGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Remember meditating deeply means visualizing as clearly and detailed as you can. Think about ALL your senses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users